Monday, February 19, 2007

The Family Dog: Rylee Chadwell


Rylee joined our family just after Christmas 2006. We adopted her from the Houston Humane Society. She's a chihuahua - terrier mix. She reminds me of a beloved family pet my family had when I was a boy. Her name was "Fancy".
I have many fond memories of 'Fancy'. And she lived to a ripe old age of 22 years old (in people years). I remember mom told me that we adopted Fancy right before I was born. And she lived until I graduated from college. That's a pretty significant span.
I want Elijah and Connor to know the joys of a having a family dog and I think Riley is just right to fill the bill.
Of course, we still have our kitties and love them, but there's just something special about a family dog. I mean, it is pretty much an American tradition, isn't it?

0 comments: