Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Another Soap Box... HEINZ Deli Mayo AD

I don't want this to seem like it's turning into an 'Angry' Blog... But I just learned about an advertising campaign from Heinz that features two gay men kissing. It's airing in the UK now but how long will it be before commercials like this are airing in America...?

Some people have the perspective that it is a 'funny spoof' on Gay marriage. I say there is nothing funny about Gay marriage and I don't want this type of advertising on American television.

I contacted Heinz that my family is now boycotting Heinz because of their advertising content.

I'm afraid we'll probably just have to turn our television off completely in the near future because it's difficult enough to find a decent television show to watch anyway, and now we have to worry about the content of almost every commercial...

Here's a link to the ad... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl0bkv0jCCM

You decide if you want your children poisoned by this kind of media.

1 comments:

Judy Ohlemacher said...

I tried the Youtube site and they have already pulled the video clip. I am abashed at such things. Sunday in the San Francisco Chronicle there was an ad for a matress company showing two women in bed intimately embracing. I am thoroughly disgusted by such dislplays forced upon us by a minority who demand we accept their morays.