Thursday, July 03, 2008

The Brisket Vigil...

8:23 PM.... OK... Still having trouble uploading a movie...

The learning curve is getting 'curvey-er'....


7:47 PM... The Brisket Vigil and Home Movie Update

OK, Let's see if I can upload the first goofy video Elijah and I made together... Remember, we are not professional actors...!


Oh Too Bad...... It wouldn't publish because the file was too large... No Problem... This is the learning curve... I'll try it again after a quick trip to the grocery store...

Coach Sam... 7:50 PM Texas Time...


6:52 PM Update on the Brisket Vigil...

The Brisket is looking good. I've had steady smoke and temperature for close to seven hours. I'm smoking with mesquite and pecan wood. I like to mix the two for longer smokes because 19 hours of mesquite smoke can be overpowering to the meat in my humble opinion. The milder pecan smoke helps balance out the taste....

I got my web cam installed. The installation took a long time. But I've already made some goofy home videos. It's pretty fun. Now I'm going to see what I have to do to publish them to the web or send a video post card... - Coach Sam 6:58 PM Texas Time!


5:30 PM -The Brisket Vigil...

It's the 3rd of July and I'm making my traditional brisket. This one was 15 lbs so and I put it on at about 12 Noon. It needs to smoke for about 22 hours. I've got 14 hours to go...

I've stayed busy so far this afternoon working in the back yard trimming and weeding.

Right now I'm installing a new web cam on my lap top so I can create videos and post them on my website....

More later.... -Coach Sam 5:58 PM Texas Time....

0 comments: