Friday, November 18, 2005

OK...I'm Back...!

Back to the land of the living...!

I've been so sick, probably about the sickest I've ever been... But all that is behind me now... And hopefully never to resurface.

Just to catch everyone up to speed I had strept throat that morphed into pneumonia and I've been out of commission for nearly three weeks. And through that all my family packed up our house in North Houston and moved 58 miles south to West Columbia, Texas.

Now my once arduous 75 minute commute is a pleasant 9 minute walk across the golf course to my tennis shop. I still drive to Clear Lake three days a week but that is a shorter easier drive and I only have to get up early on Friday mornings. That is quite a life change.

I've taught lessons the past 3 days and my throat is still a bit weak, but at least I don't have the fatigue issues I had last week.

Hopefully now that I have such a less stressful schedule I won't ever put myself in such a depleted physical condition again.

Today I'm at Coffee Oasis enjoying a delicious hot tea. I go back on the court in about 2 hours then I'm heading back home. Tomorrow I have a couple of privates then I'm heading to Houston Racquet Club for a PRO AM. Sunday I'm helping a friend run a tournament at Quail Valley Country Club. I'm not sure how long I'll be there. Hopefully not into the evening....

Then Monday through Wednesday I have a tennis camp. So I'll be fairly busy the next week.

We're planning to have Thanksgiving dinner at home. I'll be smoking a turkey. I don't know if we'll have any guests or not, but I'm looking forward to my first holiday in the new house.

Well, that's the quick update. More later... Coach Sam

0 comments: