Wednesday, October 05, 2011

NBA LOCKOUT... Is anyone even noticing...?


I loved basketball when I was a child.  I knew as a 5'5" white kid I would never make it big in the sport but I enjoyed playing with my friends, and even after a very mean junior high basketball coach made it totally not fun and I gravitated towards tennis, I still always enjoyed watching the NBA on television.

I was a great Houston Rockets fan growing up.  I also loved Larry Bird and the Boston Celtics teams of the 80's and 90's.  When the rockets won their world championships in the mid 1990's I could not have been more pleased...!

But I haven't watched an NBA game in years.  I became disgusted with the poor sportsmanship, greed, OK, yes... and to a lesser extent -the tattoos.  So, I have boycotted NBA Basketball since the close of the 20th century and I have not looked back.  And you know what?  I have had a good life with no regrets.

Please don't get me wrong, I can definitely appreciate when someone achieves excellence in their sport.  But some of the top players make 20+ million dollars a season.  To me, that is just absurd.  The average salary of an NBA player is 6 million dollars.   And things are so bad, they think they are being taken advantage of by the owners so they are refusing to play until they owners share more revenue with them...?   Sorry, no sympathy in this corner.

And just to be fair: I think the top professional tennis players are paid way too much, too...!  And so are other professional athletes salaries.  And while I am on the 'bandwagon', I think that other (more important) jobs like SCHOOL TEACHERS are way underpaid.  I believe the average teacher's salary should be MUCH higher considering what is at stake here...!

Let's look at it from this perspective:  Which people group has a greater impact on our children and the future of society and our world:  school teachers, or NBA players...?

Ladies and Gentlemen:  I rest my case.

So no tears are being shed by me for the NBA revenue squabbles.  I hope more people will become disgusted by the avarice (greed) of the world and turn to the ONE SOURCE of true satisfaction:  A personal relationship with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ...!

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jack Tyler said...

I, too, find it ridiculous on so many levels, but here's a question just to consider: Sports, with their TV contracts, endorsements, gate, and memorabilia sales generates this obscene amount of money. That's just a fact. So, who should get the lion's share, the backroom fatcats, or the players on the field who put their bodies on the line to make it all possible?

Anonymous said...

Cheap Monster Beats This is a very well bolg!

ruzzel01 said...

That's what i thought happening to him.

dui lawyer arizona