Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Watching Some Westerns Today....

 It's a wet day and looks to be a complete washout for the day.  I have a lot of work to do at home but I plan to take a break this afternoon at some point and watch a few episodes of 'The Virginian', with Elijah.   The Virginian starred James Drury and was one of my favorite television shows growing up as a kid.

I love that my son Elijah enjoys many of the same tv shows that I enjoyed as a young person because there is absolutely nothing I would want him to watch on television in this day and age.

I recently discovered that James Drury lives in the Houston area and makes many local appearances.  I would love to have him come to Columbia Lakes for an event some time.

To me, his character, 'the Virginian'  is a fantastic role model for young boys and men.  He his hard working, honest, and true.  He epitomizes the true cowboy way:

If it's not true, don't say it.
If it's not yours, don't take it.
If it's not right, don't do it.


If the world followed those three simple guidelines we would be living in a much different world than we do now.

 I long deeply for a different world and am greatly looking forward to this world passing away and the coming of a New Heaven and a New Earth.  I am looking forward to hear the sounding of a trumpet and to see my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ riding on the clouds, shining like the sun.

Until then, I will try to fill my head with good and wholesome things.   Whatsoever is true, whatsoever is honorable, whatsoever is right, whatsoever is pure, whatsoever is lovely, whatsoever is of good repute: If there is any excellence, or anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.  Phil 4:8




1 comments:

SassyAfterSixty said...

Hopefully, u will get back writing consistently. I see blogs that have been all but abandoned and I wonder what happened to them. I've been known for go for awhile without posting though.

http://life990.blogspot.com