Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Watching What I Eat

I came across this photo on Facebook and it inspired today's post about how changing to a vegetarian and vegan lifestyle totally turned my health around.  I went from a 230+ pound diabetic, high blood pressure situation to a 170-180 pound super charged athlete that has a second chance at life.

A little over two years ago I was on expensive meds that made me feel worse than the condition they were supposed to be treating.  My doctor said I could drop dead of a heart attack at any moment.  My body was always hurting due to trying to maintain an active lifestyle carrying around 75 pounds more than God intended me to have.

I would still like to shed a few more pounds, but in two years and 60 + pounds I have gone from buying XXL clothing to a lowly 'L' and sometimes I even fit into a 'M'.   I feel great and am playing the best tennis of my life in my late forties.   Praise God.

I will chronicle more of this journey in the next few weeks and months.  But for now, let me just say that by maintaining a healthy plant based nutrition plan combined with an active life style, I completely reversed my diabetes and high blood pressure.  

Being married to a loving dedicated spouse like my precious Monica sure hasn't hurt my chances of success and survival, either! (She is an amazing cook, too!)

To God be the Glory!   ~Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights...  James 1:17


0 comments: