Monday, November 13, 2006

Coach Sam and Jim Courier

Being the Executive Director of the Houston Professional Tennis Association does have a few percs... Occasionally I get an opportunity to spend time with Tennis Greats like former number one player in the world, Jim Courier...

That was the case this past weekend, as I helped organize volunteers for special events associated with the Stanford Cup Legends Tournament. The Stanford Cup is a Senior Tour of former top pros including Courier, John McEnroe, Pat Cash, and a host of others.

I was fighting the flu all weekend but it was worth it to hang out with Tennis Pros whom I admire and respect very much...! I attended some great matches this weekend and had the opportunity to organize a group juniors and adults from my club to enjoy the festivities as well.

Today I'm staying at home resting up from the weekend and preparing for my knee surgery this Wednesday. More later...

Coach Sam


0 comments: