Wednesday, November 01, 2006

God, Will You Still Bless America..?

"In The Old testament of the Bible, God is shown time after time chastising the House of Israel, His chosen but often disobedient people, by allowing barbarians to invade and plunder their cities and put many of them to the sword.

That is what the Western world, including America, is starting to experience today, likewise having turned away from God...."

These are the thoughts and perspectives of David Kupelian, author. I was reading an article of his in a magazine called 'Whistle Blower'. His article sort of echos Dr Stanley's sermon this past Sunday.

America is drifting farther and farther away from God. There is a spiritual vacuum that is beginning to take over both America and Europe. I can see the vacuum everywhere, especially in the lives of youth.

What is the answer to the burgeoning threat of Islamic Jihad...?

According to Kupelian: 'The simple and bottom-line answer is that there is no answer unless America finally awakens and gives up it's insane rebellion against it's own founding faith and values.'

I tend to agree with his position.

Today I pray for the future of this country. Today I pray for me.


Dear Heavenly Father,

Lord, You have blessed America so greatly. Truly, we have been set apart for a time it seems, as the greatest country in the world. But how much longer is that going to last...? Sadly, many Americans have turned from You. And even more disappointing than that is that many more Americans living now have never even known you.

Father God, I must confess that I have trouble following you all day long in a 24 hour period. Many times, especially lately I have given in to anger and 'bad thoughts' in my thought life.

I'm truly, sincerely, sorry, Lord. I know that it's for those exact sins that You suffered and died.

There are warning signs all around us. -Atleast that's what my conscience tells me. And I want to come clean and follow You completely, my King. Help me to get right with You and help me to help those around me.

What can I do to help myself...? I can Surrender to You, and I do that right here and now.


What can I do to help America...? I can live a truly authentic, Christian life myself, and I can make a difference in / and influence one additional life at a time, starting right here in my own family with my wife raising up Elijah and Connor to be young men after your own heart.

Lord Jesus, I stand in the gap for America this morning. I'm going to fill that void with a Godly family and work outward from there until You call me home.

I love You Lord.... I love my family.... And I Love America....

I give this day to You, Father. In Your Honor. For Your Praise and Glory. And I pray these things in the power of Jesus' name, Amen.

0 comments: