Thursday, October 19, 2006

Nice Memories

This photo was taken on Mother's Day 2006... That was an awesome day... Monica got baptised at church that morning, and we spent the afternoon goofing around in Wharton.

I believe this was Elijah's first time to ever go down a slide. Connor traveled with him to make sure everything went ok...

Ahhh... Nice memories... That's what I want for Connor and Elijah.

Looking back on my childhood I can't recall any pleasant family holidays. Not that they were all negative experiences, but I just don't have any recollection of a really special event or time. And no, it's NOT my memory that's the problem....

I mentioned it before in a previous post, but I'm forty-one years old now... (sigh....) I've got a great life that includes a very fulfilling job and a wonderful family. One thing that could make it a little better is if I got my weight under control... I'm going to try to keep myself motivated by writing about my weight and weight loss a little bit every day.

Last night I watched the TV Reality show the Biggest Loser... I've watched one other time and it's really motivating me to get in shape.

Now that my knee is better I'm going to definitely be more active and just stay on a good regimen. I weighed in at 237 at the doctor's office a couple of days ago...

My knee's feeling great today, but to appease Monica I'm still going to 'take it easy' for awhile...

I did well last night resisting the urge to eat ice cream after dinner, and this morning I did some crunches. (And that's slang for working my abs not eating Nestle Crunch Bars....!)

The Big News.... We may be finally selling our house in Houston... We should know today if we can close on Friday or if we'll have to wait until next Monday.... I am ready to celebrate...!

Today I'm taking the day off from lessons. I really am resting my knee a little more... I'm working on marketing my tournament next weekend... And Monica and I are going to finish cleaning out the garage at our house in Houston...

That's it for today... SC

0 comments: