Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Coach Sam's New Weight Loss Journal

Here's a photo of Elijah and I back in January 2008. Look how large I am... I've lost a little weight since that photo was taken, but nothing of great significance. This morning the scales said 228 pounds. I'm sure I'm in the 230's in that photo. Wow...!

Of course, it has been difficult exercising with my knee injured, but praise the Lord my knee has been feeling better this month and I'm finally playing tennis more frequently.

I'm really working hard on my diet these days and plan to enroll in a Weight Watcher's program this week...! Elijah is really starting to enjoy tennis more now that he is older. Connor is showing a renewed interest, too. I want to be in good shape so I can enjoy tennis with them for years to come.

I desperately want to get back to a normal shape. That's going to involve me losing at least fifty pounds...! I know that goal is possible and attainable. I just have to take my time and stay the course... Right now I would just love to get below 200 before the new year...

Oh how I would love to get below 200 and stay there.

Starting today I plan to use this blog as a record of my efforts to lose weight.

Let's call it:

Coach Sam's Weight Loss Journal

Yes, that sounds good...

OK, Day One... August 13, 2008

I weighed in this morning at 228 lbs. Now, I'm not going to be a slave to the scales, weighing in every day. I'm just going to do my best to lose weight every day, be patient, and give it to God.

I acknowledge going in to this thing that my chief concern is honoring God. I know God wants to use me for greater things and if I don't get in better shape, my health will hinder me. I used to be as conditioned as any world class athlete, now to say that I am a shadow of my former self is the understatement of the year.

I've got a long way to go, but I have my family and many others encouraging me. And of course, most importantly, my Lord and Savior is right by my side every step of the way...

Losing weight for me is a spiritual battle first and foremost. And it's one that I am going win because I can do all things through HIM who strengthens me...!

1 comments:

Judy Ohlemacher said...

Sam, as a Weight Watcher I can tell you that slow and steady wins the race. I weigh once a week at the meeting and since the end of March have lost 24 pounds.