Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Super Boy




I'm sitting in a big chair with a lap top on my lap this morning watching the news coverage of the big storm just northeast of us. We had braced ourselves over night for a hurricane but awakened to relatively mild weather.


As it turns out, we may not get very much rain at all today. I'm not complaining, but I wouldn't mind if my yard, the golf course and tennis center got a good soaking today..


So far Galveston, League City, Kemah have all had pretty stormy weather. But West Columbia is on the dryer side of the storm.


Now when I blog on Tuesdays my on going topic is child hood memories.


This photo of Elijah in his superman suit with his wagon of books and toys reminded me that I didn't have very many toys growing up. I had an imagination, though. My superman costume was just a bath towel clipped or tied around my neck. I liked to pretend to be superman. I also liked to pretend to be batman. My brother John and I loved to make fortresses and space ships out of big cardboard boxes... Oh those were the days...!


Already at age three Elijah has many more toys and books than I had my entire childhood...!

0 comments: