Friday, December 13, 2013

Frenchies Italian Restaurant



Monica and I had a chance to enjoy lunch at Frienchie's in Clear Lake yesterday.  This was the restaurant that catered our wedding back in 2003.

I was in a bit of a grumpy mood to begin the day because I was behind schedule. But the minute I stepped into Frenchie's, the owner greeted us with such a warm welcome, my bad mood completely melted.  We enjoyed a wonderful lunch while also reliving sweet memories of our wedding day.  Frankie Carmona, (the owner) kept referring to Elijah as 'the bambino' and Elijah was quite indignant about it but it sure put a smile on my face.

For lunch yesterday Monica had the Caesar Salad.  Frenchie's Caesar dressing is an old Carmona family recipe and it is AMAZING.   I had the Broccoli Rigatoni, always one of my favorites.  And Elijah enjoyed Frenchie's spaghetti.  Frankie also gave us a complimentary order of their wonderful garlic bread.  We dined later in the afternoon and had the entire restaurant to ourselves.  It was all such a wonderful experience.

I am now looking forward to another visit to Frenchie's to have the meal I enjoyed on my wedding day:  Chicken Crepes.  Yes, I will definitely come off my vegetable nutrition plan for Frenchiie's crepes...!

Mmmm...  As I compose this article, I am getting hungry, again.  And I am still feeling a glow from Frankie's warm reception and that wonderful lunch yesterday.   Frenchie's has not changed a bit in all the years I have frequented that establishment from 1989 to 2003.

 Monica and I have such fond memories of our dinner and lunch dates there. And I am glad Elijah has now enjoyed the Frenchie's experience, too.  But  he hasn't even had a chance to sample any of Frenchie's wonderful desserts, yet.  Yes, we will definitely have to plan another trip for lunch there, soon!

0 comments: