Sunday, December 08, 2013

I've lost 80 pounds over the past two years...

It's been quite a journey.  I weighed 175 back in 1997, the year I achieved a number one ranking in USTA Texas mens 30 and over doubles,  But by the end of 1998 my weight was in the 190's and by 1999 I was in the 200's and stayed 200 plus for the next eleven years.   I was 226 pounds on my wedding day in 2003.

At my heaviest I weighed in the 240's.   By 2010, I was diagnosed with diabetes and high blood pressure.  The medications prescribed to me were expensive and had side effects that were worse than the conditions they were treating.

My wife researched natural remedies and we adjusted our diet to a vegan nutrition plan and the results were immediate.  Within ten days my blood pressure and blood sugar numbers were at normal levels and my weight slowly started diminishing.  By October 2012 my weight dropped below 200 pounds for the first time in thirteen years.  By October 2013 my weight had dropped to the low 160's.

Although my weight is back to 'normal', I still have to watch my nutrition.  When I stray too far from a plant based diet I can tell a huge difference in the way I feel.

My regained health is an amazing miracle.  I used to wear double X clothing and now I am wearing medium and large sizes.  

1 comments:

April said...

This is just amazing!!!! Well done and very inspirational.