Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Closing Out 2013...! Old Things Pass Away


It's difficult to believe that 2013 is drawing to a close. For the Chadwell Family 2013 has been a year of both struggles and triumphs.  I am sure that can be said for just about everyone.  But what defines a person is the lens they view their circumstances from.

I believe God's Holy Word addresses every situation or circumstance that I am going to face in life.  It is truly an instruction manual for living.

Here's what Psalm 31:1  has to say about how we should look at life:   I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.    

I am going to close out 2013 with Praise.  And Yes, I will praise God even for my struggles because they only draw me closer to HIM.    Read Psalm 31 in its entirety HERE.  Its only 22 verses.  It contains life coaching and lots of God's promises.   There are many great stand alone verses in Psalm 34 but I am going to make that Psalm one of my first memory verses for 2014. 

Whether you have had a 'good' or 'bad' year in a few hours 2013 will be in the history books.

If you already count yourself a Christian, commit to Growing in Christ by diving into his Holy Word every day in 2014. Pray for a hunger and thirst for His Word and He will answer that prayer.   If you are not a Christian then visit 2 Cor 5:17   Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

 Start the new year as a New Creation...!   If you would like to visit about this I will drop what ever I am doing and spend some time with you, on the phone or in person...! 

I'll be chronicling 2013 in future posts. but my praise report for 2013 is this:  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

 God loved Me, and he loved YOU so that we would have everlasting life.  If you don't have Jesus, you really don't have life at all.

CHOOSE LIFE.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful way to enter the new year! Thank you for your post!

RETA@ http://evenhaazer.blogspot.com