Monday, July 03, 2006

4th of July Traditions

I've sort of taken it 'easy' the past few days... It's been raining the past few days so tennis has been out of the question. Yesterday at church we had a patriotic service with lots of special music. I sang in a men's quartet and played the trombone on the Star Spangled Banner. Everything went very well... The church had a nice bar b que afterwards. This is going to be a family tradition for us...!

I like traditions. They are important to me. Growing up, my family didn't really have any 'traditions' to speak of... Looking back on my childhood it seems that we went to my grandmother's house for most holidays. But we didn't have any real traditions. You know, something that we did and said hey, this is our tradition....

I want to establish traditions... I want to have some routines that Elijah and Connor will remember fondly after they have grown up. Hopefully some of these traditions will be carried on with their own families for generations to come...

This will be Elijah's first 4th of July... That's kinda special....

Well, it's almost 11 PM... I'm supposed to stay up all night and cook a briskett... That's going to be tough this evening because I'm tired and sleepy already... The briskett needs to cook for about 15 hours at around 220 degrees or so.... It's been in for three hours so far... I think I'm going to go to bed in a few minutes but set my alarm for every hour so I can be sure to maintain a proper grill temperature. Yeah, that's what I'll do and I'll update this journal entry next time I log on...

See ya... 10 59 PM


.

0 comments: