Monday, July 10, 2006

Hello: Checking Back in...

Wow.. It's been a while since I last blogged... Last week was a whirlwind... After the fourth of July, Monica, Elijah and I all got sick with a bad sore throat... I've been run down and exhausted for pretty much the past 5 days. I feel better this morning, though. But I am a little short on time. (as usual...)

I'd like to continue my commentary on traditions but that will have to wait awhile... Let me make a quick report that I was surprised to find a raccoon in my kitchen this morning at about 4;30 AM. Apparently he had come in though the kitty door. I was sitting at my computer blogging away when I heard this rustling which sounded like something trying to get a bag of kitty food open. Boy was I surprised. The raccoon was scared when I turned the light on and made a hasty exit, then just sat on the back porch looking at me through the cat door.

We'll have to be sure to keep that door locked at night from now on. I'm sure that's not the first time a raccoon has made good use of our cat door...

Today I log in lots of lesson hours on the tennis court. Yes, it's back to work for Coach Sam...!

The big news this week is that my sis Becky comes for a visit on Wednesday. I'm very much looking forward to that...

Let's see, what else can I report...? -Elijah is walking better and better these days... I spent the entire weekend just hanging out and playing with him... He's so awesome....!

Connor will still be in Missouri visiting his grandparents for another two weeks. I'm missing him...!

Our little kitty has been named Lucy...! Oh did I mention that we had a new little kitty...? She came to live with us while Monica and Connor were still in California in early June. Lucy is doing well, although she is a mischievous little thing...! I'll try to post some photos of her soon...

That's about it... I hate to make my posts too long... It makes them difficult to read... So, more later!

By for now, -Coach Sam

0 comments: