Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Breakfast at Arno's

Here's the family enjoying breakfast at Arno's during our recent California trip.
Today I'll be hanging out at the tennis center quite a bit as the club will begin it's renovation and refurbishing of the facility, building, and grounds. That's exciting...!
And I'll be spending most of that time working on my upcoming tournament this weekend. It's looking pretty small right now, but I'm going to have it, none the less... And hopefully I'll have more people contact me to sign up today!
I hope Monica rests up today... She's been pretty exhausted lately. I'm going to try to keep Elijah as much as I can today to allow her to get caught up on things here at the house, and to rest...
I'm going to start a new section of my journal called 'looking back'...
Looking Back 5 Years Ago: Five Years Ago I was just quitting Bay Area Racquet Club for the second time in my life... (I should have learned well enough the first time...) I was attending Clear Creek Community Church and had just started dating Monica... Ten years ago I was working at Windsor Court in Friendswood. I was still in pretty good shape and was playing open level singles and doubles. Most of my free time ten years ago was spent looking after my mom who had numerous health issues... I had two computers and IBM 286 and an IBM 486. One still ran on a dos operating system and the other was the new windows 95... I remember that I hated making the transition from dos to windows...
Wow... I've come a long way in ten years....! Who'd have thought I'd be where I am now...?
OK, it's a little after 8 AM... I need to close here and start getting ready to go to the tennis center. Monica is not even up yet... That's good!
Talk to you later.... SC

0 comments: