Tuesday, September 19, 2006

A little Over Two Years on Blogspot

Here's a fun photo of Elijah and I this past spring.... It's amazing how much he's grown...!



I just realized that I have been blogging on blogspot for over two years now. Prior to my debut on Blogspot I journaled on AOL for sometime and of course I have volumes and volumes of hand written journals going back to my college years (over 20 years ago).

Journaling has been a way of life for me for most of my life. Journaling is quiet time, reflective time. Journaling requires discipline. I want to journal every day. But sadly, I've been too busy this past year to make faithful daily entries.

You know, life wasn't meant to be so busy. But having a teenager, a baby, and running one's own business pretty much takes up all a man's time... Sigh...

Still, whenever I get the opportunity to carve out little moments like this and just take time to let the words flow I feel better. Journaling is definitely good therapy. So why don't I just do it regularly...? Well, like I said... Life gets in the way...!

For instance, Monica's been ill for a couple of months now. She can't keep up with her normal routine. So I'm trying to get up a little earlier so I can journal and do my email correspondence and website updates before she gets up. That way I can be free to watch Elijah in the morning allowing Monica time to either rest or get caught up on her backlog of work.

I'm setting my alarm for between 3:30 and 4 AM every day. Some days I just can't get up... especially if the baby has had a bad night. That's when journaling falls by the wayside.

I told Monica that we still had a year or two of no or little sleep before things started to smooth out. Hopefully the track will be shorter than that...

Well, that's going to have to be it for this morning. I do need to get on with my day. Monica has just left to take Connor to an orthodontic appointment in Houston...

I have to order t-shirts for my tournament today.... I need to pick up some supplies for the tennis center... I need to work on getting a few more entries for the tournament.... And that's just the tip of the iceberg..