Monday, September 11, 2006

Coach Sam's Family

Here's a fun photo taken Mother's Day 06. It was a very special day for our family. After church that day we went to Wharton for a nice meal and just kinda hung out. In this photo we were at the river park in Wharton. Connor is making his famous bunny ears, Monica is being sassy, and Elijah must have seen something interesting on the ground right as I was snapping the photo.

Today, Sept 11, 2006... Wow, today's date sure brings back memories. I devoted my prayer blog this morning to the memory of the trade center attacks. I hope and pray that today will be a day of peace in the world....
It has been a tough night for Monica... Elijah did not sleep well. I tried to get him to go down for almost an hour between 3 and 4 AM but was unsuccessful. Finally, Monica got him to go to sleep. poor Monica has not been sleeping well for some time... We're trying to take turns resting, but I wasn't any help this morning.
I have quite a few lessons today. I'll stay busy, that's for sure... And Monica's got a busy day lined up, too. She's going to take Hobbes to the vet this morning because he's sick. She may have to take Elijah in the Doctor, too. And she has bible study today at 12:30 PM...
I'll be working at the club stringing racquets. And I might be getting high speed internet in the tennis shop today... The new club owners are trying to help me be more successful by upgrading my work environment. That is very exciting...! Once I have internet in the tennis shop I'll be able to be lots more productive...
I didn't wear my new orthotics yesterday at all and my knee is much better today. It's not 100 % yet but I can definitely tell a difference, If I would have continued wearing the orthotics I'd eventually end up in a wheel chair. What I plan to do now is to get my knee healed up, then just start wearing the orthotics about an hour a day then work up to two hours and continue the progression until I'm wearing them all day.
I just started out wearing them for too long and my body could not adjust quickly enough. But remember back when I was complaining about my foot hurting all the time...? Well that pain is gone. I guess it's a trade off....
My pain meter is about a 5 on a ten point scale. Two days ago it was a 9...!
Well, that's about it for now... I'm going to publish a photo on connor's blog... You'll like that one... OK... See ya...
Coach Sam

0 comments: