Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Tennis Role Model: Bjorn Borg

One of my favorite players of all time is Bjorn Borg. He was/is truly an amazing tennis player. Since today is the day of the week that my blog topic is to be about someone who inspires me, Bjorn Bog was one of the leading players to really get me hooked on tennis.

When I was just getting interested in tennis, Bjorn Borg was the world's number one player. He dominated tennis for a number of years and is still regarded today as one of the greatest to ever play the game. Borg had a fierce rivalry with John McEnroe and their rivalry was one of the greatest tennis rivalries ever, much like Federer-Nadal today.

He was calm, quiet, and never showed emotion on the court. He was always in control. He was always a good sport. Whenever he lost a match, which wasn't often, He always gave credit to his opponent for playing well. He never made excuses, whined, or argued.

I really can't think of many better role models for sportsmanship on the the court than Bjorn Borg.





0 comments: