Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Fun Weekend at Newk's

Two weeks ago I traveled with a group of twenty juniors to Newk's Tennis Ranch in New Braunfels for the HPTA Junior Gran Prix State Tennis Championships. Pictured here with me are three team members who also participate in the Columbia Lakes junior development program: Emily Dellinger, Jill Moss, and Ryan Beene.

It was a fun weekend. There was lots of good tennis and we had a great time at the Saturday night party. I'll be posting the video of our Karaoke Competition rendition of Village People's YMCA. (Jill was our leader, and she's great with a microphone!

I missed my family that weekend but it was still a good time and I enjoyed getting to know some of the kids and parents better.

On Tuesdays I typically write about someone who inspires me. I think I may have written about this person before but I've been thinking about him a lot lately and one of my favorite bible characters is the Apostle Paul. Paul lived such a remarkable life. To put it in a lyrical perspective 'he was running a hundred miles an hour in the wrong direction...' (Casting Crowns)

Before his life changed Paul was the greatest persecutor of Christians. Then God just knocked him to the ground and gave him a direct revelation about the error of his ways and then he became the most committed Christian and greatest Evangelist of all time. It is staggering to consider what all Paul went through for Christendom. He was beaten, stoned, flogged, imprisoned, left for dead, and shipwrecked not once, but three times. Ultimately, he was put to death but before he died he made a mark on this world that is still being felt today. He endured much for the Kingdom. I can't wait to meet Paul in person in Heaven one day!

Now what does the life of the Apostle Paul do for me...? Well, read any of his letters or books. They are over flowing with words of wisdom, insight, and inspiration.

I know I sort of got off track with my content today. You're thinking this sort of writing should be in my prayer journal. Well, it could have been, but I'm trying to blend the two blogs a bit these days.

The fact is on Tuesdays in 'Coach Sam's Life I write about people who have inspired me and today Saul of Tarsus, also known as the Apostle Paul gets the nod...!

0 comments: