Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Missing the Boo Boo


I was gone all weekend to a junior tournament and was away from my family for over 48 hours... Boy that really stunk... I don't ever want to face that again...

I've got a very busy month ahead of me. But I do want to get back in to just working set hours and scheduling more time off. I was really good about that the previous few months. But here lately things have been getting out of control again.

Something has got to change. I can't keep living like this... I'm praying about it. I'm working on it. I know things will get better. -STARTING TODAY...!

OK, so my blog topic on Tuesdays is supposed to be Someone or Something that inspires me. Since I spent this past weekend at John Newcombe's Tennis Ranch in New Braunfels it is only fitting that I reminisce about my employment there when I was just breaking into the tennis profession.


Today's inspiration is Fast Phil Hendrie from John Newcombe's Tennis Ranch. I saw Phil this past weekend at Newk's. He was giving a private lesson on Sunday morning. It was the same old Phil as I remember him from the past 20 years. He was very energetic and very motivating. He knows how to get the best performance out of someone. I'm not nearly as talented as Phil is in that regard but I can definitely say that my association with Phil most definitely shaped and molded me as a professional coach. In fact, looking back on my stint at Newk's I have to say that overall it was a very rewarding experience that really influenced my career...!

0 comments: