Saturday, June 11, 2005

Coach Sam's Saturday...

.
11:23 AM.... I just finished mowing the front and side yards... Now I'm about to tackle the back yard. Connor has been enjoying his game boy for over an hour already this morning. I'll give him another45 minutes then I'm taking the game boy up a little after 12 Noon.

By then he'll definitely have used up his 2 free game time hours that he gets Monday through Saturday. I gave him the option of mowing the yard for extra minutes or allowance and he declined.

Monica called. She thought her class was only going to be 2-3 hours this morning but it's actually going to stretch into the afternoon. That'll give us more time to get house work done...! I want her to come home today and find a nice yard and a clean house... Well, back to work...

signed off: 11:28 AM




2:39 PM....

Monica came home early from her class. We had lunch. We had to make Connor do his chores because he really didn't 'feel like it'. He thinks Saturdays are just for laying around and doing nothing or something...

We had to get on his case for not doing a thorough job on his chores. Sadly that has been our struggle lately. Connor is really trying to test the waters with how much he can get away with. Monica and I are trying to teach him to do his best at all times, but that is a lesson not easily learned in a few conversations.

Monica is resting right now. She's completely worn out with this pregnancy. Right now I'm just taking a break from doing a little more yard work. But I still have several other domestic chores to do today. Several hours woth of work.

The plan this afternoon was to take Connor to go play tennis but I've told him several times already that if he helps me with the chores then we get to go play tennis sooner. But he's just not in to helping out around the house. He's not in to anything but laying around.

No one around here models that soprt of behavior and I'm sure his daddy was always busy doing something productive. Oh well, chances are good that with Connor's current attitude that there won't be any tennis at all this afternoon. I'm not the kind to scream and yell and get angry but I have to admit that I'm burning a little right now. All I can think to do iscontinue to be patient, but I must show Connor that are consequences for his behavior, attitude, and the choices he makes. I'll let you know it turns out... Well, back to work for me. Bye for now.

Signed off 2:49 PM

4:12 PM....

Well, I finished the yard project... And I just started a pot of Pinto Beans. We're going to have one of my all time favorite meals tonight... Red Beans and Cornbread. Ah, actually that's going to be mexican cornbread. Mmmm... I'm looking forward to that!

Well, Connor has pretty much avoided me this afternoon. (in order to get out of helping me do yard work) He's stayed in his bedroom by his own choice. I wasn't going to play tennis with him because I didn't want to reward his poopy behavior. But I've decided to go play tennis with him any way. And I'll use that opportunity to have a good heart to heart talk with him.

He can be very stubborn. But I can be just as patient. Stay tuned for the next Connor report in a few hours.

Signed off ...4:23 PM...




0 comments: