Friday, June 24, 2005

Friday Afternoon Update

.
Hello... I've been too busy to blog again. The past few days have been just a blur... I've had busy days on the court. Plus, I'm trying to workout more and practice and get my game back in order.

Monica's getting closer to having the baby.... We've got about 4 weeks left before the due date which is July 24...! Our 2 year wedding anniversary is June 28... That's just a few days away.... Wow, looking back at my life over the past 24 months there's been an incredible amount of change...

Connor's been struggling a bit with managing his emotions on the tennis court. We're trying to work on that. But I must say his skills are improving at a lightning pace... That's kinda neat. I'm hoping to get him in some tournaments this fall. I'll be looking forward to that. And that's why I've been trying to practice more. I want to start playing again, too.

My strokes are looking good. Very smooth. I just need to keep working on my fitness. I absolutely have to lose some weight. Connor and I went and practiced late last night and I hope we can do that again tonight. Tomorrow I'm going to play a practice set or two. And I may play a bit on Sunday as well. I don't want to publish my weight right now but lets just say that I'm about as heavy as I've ever been... Sigh...

My summer lessons are going well. I can't complain about that. It all started off a little slow but has picked up nicely now. I am going to teach an abbreviated schedule in July and early August until after the baby's born. I'm not teaching on Tuesday or Thursday evenings or Friday afternoons in July. I'll still have pretty full mornings, though.

My mother and father in law are coming to visit in July and will stay through until sometime in August. Then my sis is going to come for a visit after that. July is going to just fly by quicker than you know it. Such are the days of our lives...

I've been having trouble finding time to blog lately. I know I just have to make the time, but early in the mornings is out. I barely have time to write in my prayer journal in the mornings. Then I've been too busy during the day and too tired at night. Hopefully by taking some time off in July I can settle back into a comfortable routine....

I have a funny story to tell but I'm going to close here and will say that story for this weekend's blog. Thanks for keeping up with my journal. Bye for now...

Coach Sam

0 comments: