Saturday, June 11, 2005

Made it to the weekend....!

.
I MADE IT...!

Saturday. No lessons today. No traveling or commuting today. No deadlines today. No tight schedules. No appointments or meetings. Today is pretty much free and clear to do anything I want. Ahh... It feels good to relax.

Of course, I'm going to stay busy doing stuff, but it's different when it's one's own choice. I'm going to blog a lot. I really enjoy writing and have 5 blogs and they will all be updated today. I'll work on my website a bit, too. It's starting to get a lot more hits than ever before so I can't afford to let it get out dated. Plus, websites are one of my favorite hobbies.

Connor is interested in websites, too. I told him I'd help him start building his own personal site this weekend. We'll probably do that this evening. It's still early--- 8:30 AM. Connor probably won't even get up for another hour.

He's had a long week, too. He gets up early and goes to tennis with me most mornings so he's a little worn out from yesterday, for sure. We left at 6 AM and went to Clear Lake for lessons all morning. Then we went to Columbia Lakes for a fun evening event I put together and we didn't get home until nearly mid-night.

We're going to work in the yard this morning and then after lunch go play tennis in the afternoon. I can't believe how much Connor loves his tennis. He reminds me so much of myself when I was his age. I fell in love with tennis when I was 12, too...! It is so very gratifying to have a stepson who shares so many of my interests. I'm actually starting to feel Younger. It's like I'm getting to re-live my childhood and get it right this time...! I was so worried about becoming a parent but I'm starting to relax in my new role a bit now. And I'm blessed to have Connor. He's a great kid to start with....!

Monica is at some kind of birthing class right now. It was supposed to be this afternoon and I was going to attend the class with her but the hospital rescheduled it to early this morning and Monica graciously gave me the morning off in lieu of my long day yesterday (and week).

She wasn't feeling 100% this morning. So I'm going to try to straighten the house up a bit and have a good lunch ready for her when she gets home later this morning. Hopefully she will feel better and just enjoy a relaxing afternoon, too when she gets home.

That's about it. I'll probably be back later. I'm sure I'll be posting some photos later today sometime.

By for now...

Coach Sam


0 comments: