Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Taking a Breath...

Hello... I'm taking a little time this morning to catch up on blogging... I've been running ragged lately. And just can't seem to get caught up on everything. I push things back and reprioritize all the time... Sigh...

My business has grown tremendously this year. I'm very seriously thinking about hiring an assistant pro soon... I'll be keeping my eyes open and praying for the right candidate.

Between running the Houston Pro Tennis Association, Managing the Columbia Lakes Tennis Center, and keeping up with my lessons programs in the Clear Lake area, I'm always attending to some deadline or following up with someone. And I'm trying to carve out some quality family time in my schedule, too.... Coach Sam's work is never done.

My routine of getting up early and blogging was disrupted last week by getting the Bay Oaks Junior Gran Prix tournament ready for publication. -I'm helping with that tournament this weekend too, serving as the Referee. And we're supposed to get a lot of rain on Saturday. That will make it difficult. Oh well.... We'll deal with it...

On a quick side note: This morning I was reading a commentary by George Barna and he reviewed Anne Rice's latest book: Out of Africa. It is the life story of Jesus. That's right, Jesus. Apparently the noted author of the Vampire Chronicles and the Mayfair Witches has 'rediscovered' her faith and has rededicated the rest of her life to writing about Jesus. That's pretty cool, isn't it...? here's a link to George's commentary: http://www.barna.org/FlexPage.aspx?Page=Review&ReviewID=17

I'll be writing some more about this topic in my online prayer journal later this morning.

Today I have to string a few racquets, and then I have lessons from 3 to 8:30 PM, plus I have babysitting duty since tonight is Monica's Tennis night...!

That's my day... I'd better close here... I'll try to publish some photos soon...



Coach Sam

0 comments: