Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Getting More Involved at Church

Tonight I'm going to go to choir rehearsal and try out for the praise and worship team. I'm excited. I haven't been in a music ministry for over a year. I realize too that I haven't mentioned my music interest very much. But those of you who know me well know that I have a deep passion for music. I love to sing (especially back up harmony). I love to play the trombone. I'd really like to start taking guitar and piano lessons. Hopefully when we sell our house in Houston all that will come to pass.

I want Elijah to be exposed to music training as soon as possible. Monica's secret desire is to play the violin. Connor really would like to play percussion. So, you see we're really a very musical family. And probaly thought I was just all about tennis...

All my siblings were in band as youngsters. My oldest brother Stanley is quite an accomplished guitar player and has played in numerous bands throughout his life.

As I look back on my high school and college years, music really sustained me and gave me as much identity as tennis did, maybe more. I've always regretted not doing more with my music talent. I guess that now that I've moved back into the country close to where I grew up I'm getting back to my 'roots'....

So, with that in mind I need to practice my trombone a bit this afternoon before I go to choir tonight...

My day is fairly lite. I have a class this morning from 9:30 AM to 11 AM then I just have office work to do the rest of the day. I have lots of phone calls to make and email correspondence to take care of. It shouldn't be too stressful...

Only three more days until my family comes home! Yea... I don't like being a bachelor...!

More later... Coach Sam

0 comments: