Monday, December 25, 2006

Coach Sam's 2006 Christmas Blog -5 AM post

Well, I'm back... I haven't posted in over 10 days... Much of that time was spent with my leg propped up on the bed or couch recovering from my knee surgery.

I'll come back in the next week or so and comment more on my surgery and the days that have followed my recovery. The fact is, I'm still in a bit of pain, but at least I'm on my feet now. I still have a limp, but I'm getting better. -That's the good news.

For now, let me just say that I wouldn't wish knee surgery on anyone...!

So, on to the Christmas story...

This year Monica's folks are visiting and Connor's home. He normally alternate holidays with his grand parents on his daddy's side of the family. I'm glad Connor's here. This is Elijah's first real memorable Christmas and having big brother here will make it all the more special.

I'm going all out... I got up at 4 AM to get started. I put the turkey in the smoker at 4:45 AM this morning. It should be ready sometime between 12 noon and 1 PM. I'm also trying to make home made oyster dressing like my mom used to make when I was a kid... Monica's not too thrilled about that so I'm making a pan of regular dressing, too. I've never made dressing from scratch before but if it's a disaster we still have stove top stuffing as a back up.

I'll be blogging off and on all morning and afternoon.... -It's a Coach Sam family tradition, now.

So that's about it for my first blog installment. I gotta go start some more projects.

Bye for now and Merry Christmas....!

Coach Sam -5:51 AM

1 comments:

John Chadwell said...

Being a Chadwell myself, I have a Google alert for the name and yours popped up this morning. I'm always interested in what other Chadwells are up to, particularly those in Texas, because that's where I was born and some of my family still live.

I hope your knee is recovering nicely. My wife, Diane, had knee surgery a couple of years ago and it was one of the few decisions she's made that did not live up to expectations. It was pretty much a botched job and now she will eventually face knee replacement.

Anyway, good luck in 2007 with your professional and personal lives.

John Chadwell
http://huntoftheseawolves.blogspot.com/