Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Chadwell Christmas Blog Update...


(These are notes I made after my initial post on Christmas morning... I haven't been able to get back online again for awhile because our Internet service has been out...)

From Christmas Morning continued...

I made deviled eggs for an appetizer earlier this morning... I didn't realize it but that is one of Connor's favorite snacks...!

My mother in law drove into West Columbia to see if we could get some donuts or kolaches for breakfast. Nothing was open. The entire town is closed down...! That's OK, though... We had sausage and English muffins for breakfast.

It's 11 AM now... The turkey is entering the home stretch... There's about an hour left of cooking time. We just popped the dressing into the oven... And we have a couple of side dishes to go...

Connor is assembling a toy for Elijah... Our high speed Internet is out right now... That is annoying. Since our old company (Sprint) was bought out by a new company (Embarq), we've had horrible service...

My brother John was supposed to join us for Christmas dinner today. He called at 10:30 AM to cancel. Sadly, that is one of our family traditions. (Although he did break the cycle by showing up for Thanksgiving...) Oh well, I do hope he has a Merry Christmas. He's going to miss an awesome meal and great company...!

Everything else is going smoothly... 11:15 AM...


That's it for my actual Christmas Day post, the day got away from me after that... Here's a post script update...

Dinner was excellent...! The best yet... -Although I did receive some criticism on my decision to delay opening up presents until after dinner... We ended up waiting some time after dinner because Elijah made such a mess of himself while eating it necessitated a bath for Elijah and then Monica had to get cleaned up, too.

Needless to say, everyone was very anxious to open presents by the time we finally got around to it. But It was all worth the wait...!

We took many photos... I'll be posting photos for some time the next few days...

That's it for now... More later...

Coach Sam

0 comments: