Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Today's the Day

Today I'm having knee surgery. I'm in full fasting mode right now. I'm not supposed to have anything to eat or drink until after the surgery.

I enjoyed a diet cherry coke as my last beverage at about 10:45 PM last night. Monica made me some kind of chicken pesto puff pasty for dinner... Mmmm... it was good.

My surgery is at 1 PM. I have to be at the hospital at 11:30 AM. We're planning to leave here about 10:15 AM. The operation is supposed to be a simple procedure lasting about forty-five minutes to an hour. I'm supposed to be released around 5 PM...

That's my day... Obviously it's not my normal schedule. I went to bed last night at about 11 PM and slept until 5 AM. I awakened without the alarm. I'll spend time on the computer this morning until Monica and the baby get up then I'll help Monica with Elijah.

It's a very routine operation. Still I am a little nervous. It's my first surgery ever. -And hopefully my last...!

Well I've got a lot of things to do this morning before we leave so I'd better close here.

For those of you reading my blog today, if you believe in the power of prayer I could use some today at around 1 PM.... Thanks for checking in to 'Coach Sam's Life'. I'll give you a full report tomorrow morning. -Bye for now.

0 comments: