Monday, April 24, 2006

Some Things I Know to be True....

10:30 PM is not my normal blog time... I'm off of my normal routine. I'm feeling a little philosophical tonight... Here are some of Coach Sam's random thoughts.... Things that I know without a shadow of a doubt are true...

  • I'm working too much... -This I know to be true. I've actually worked nearly 30 days in a row without a complete day off... Even my Sundays have been fairly full and busy the past 4 weeks....

  • The new 'fusion' soft drink Coke Blak is bad... Really bad... -This I know to be true. It's so bad I don't want to pour it down the pipes of my sink. I think I'm going to pour it out on the ground, mix it with some gasoline and set it on fire.... That's how much I don't like it. And let me tell you, I rarely want to see something consumed in flames but I'll make an exception for Coke Blak.

  • Speaking of Gasoline.... The gas prices are getting way out of hand... This I know to be true... We've decided to just become a one car family for awhile. And we're really cutting back on unnecessary driving...

  • I'm too nice a guy to get results from High Performance Tennis Players. All the really good coaches I've evr known have been tyrants... This I know to be true... Well, I'm going to shock some of my students in the next few weeks. I'm going to get really angry in a lesson the next time a ball collection is taking too long or no one is giving a good effort in a drill. I'm going to throw a tantrum. I'm going to abandon my positive coaching style and I may even kick everyone out of practice and tell them not to come back unless they are ready to work....! Yeah, that will be fun. I think I'll video that, too....

  • I'm really tired right now and shouldn't be blogging so late... This I know to be true... I'd better close here... See you tomorrow morning....

Coach Sam Signing off.... 10:40 PM....

0 comments: