Monday, August 27, 2007

Connor's Starting High School Today!

Wow... I can't believe Connor is going in to High School today. Those Junior High years went by very quickly...! By next summer Connor will be turning sixteen and will be taking driver's ed and getting a car... That's absolutely nuts...!

Today's Journal Feature is Childhood Memories. I'd like to recall my freshman days at High School.... I was a freshman at Bay City High School in 1980.

I remember being nervous. For some reason I missed Freshman orientation and I was scared about getting lost. Luckily I was involved in summer band camp so I did have some familiarity with the layout of the school prior to the first day. The first day was very exciting. I felt very grown up going to high school. I wasn't girl crazy but I was beginning to notice girls and there were sure quite a few of them running around...!

I was already really in to tennis back then and between tennis and band my schedule was completely full. We lived just about six or seven blocks from school so I walked most days.

My best friends back then were Kenneth Davis and Jeffrey Dziuk. My most memorable Freshman teachers were Miss Becky Walters, my English Teacher and Mrs McSwain, my Computer Science Teacher. We had Commodore 640's back then. Isn't that crazy...? Computers were just being invented back when I was in high school. There was no such thing as a cell phone or i-pod. There were no hand held video games. How in the world did we get by...?

0 comments: