Tuesday, August 14, 2007

New Blogging Topic Schedule Today..! Read On



Daddy and Elijah, January 2007-
Sorry, this photo has nothing to do with my blog topic today. I just wanted to publish this photo because it is one of my favorites. And I have been thinking lately, who am I really writing this journal for any way...? Well Elijah, of course. I want Elijah to be able to go back to these journal entries and know exactly who his daddy was. I want him to know what was important to me and what I stood for. It's easy to forget stuff. Here I am only 42 years old (almost 43) and I have to strain for childhood memories. !
Honestly, this blog is for me too. Who knows, if I live to be 82 will I have trouble remembering my life at 42...? Maybe. -So if I ever get Alzheimer's disease then perhaps this journal can be of assistance to me then...


OK... Here's the weather report:

Wow, it's been hot lately. We had a very mild summer up to this point but it's been in the 100's the last few afternoons...


I've got a pretty full schedule today. I'm about to head to the tennis center for a few lessons and then I have a break in the early afternoon, then back on court this afternoon for a 4 hour block of lessons... I'll definitely be ready for a shower after that!

I've been thinking about blogging lately and I don't want to get into a routine of just writing down my schedule for the day. I think I'm going to try to figure some topics for each day. How's this sound...?

Mondays... I'll write about someone who inspires me.

Tuesdays... I'll write about a childhood memory.

Wednesdays...I'll write about something that is a favorite of mine.

Thursdays...I'll write about something political.

Fridays... I'll write something about my family.

Saturday and Sunday... This will be potluck... Sometimes I don't write on the weekend...!


OK so today, I'll write about a childhood memory.

One of the favorite houses I remember living in growing up in Bay City was 2912 6th street. There were several cool features about that house I remember:

  • It had a finished attic that was like a spare room...

  • It had a detached garage with a small workshop in the back.

  • There was a big shade tree next to the garage in the back yard.

And the best thing was that there was a pomegranate tree on the east side of the house. it actually belonged to the property next to us (I think), but I know I ate a lot of pomegranates growing up as a kid!

That's a cool memory! Neat, huh? Now don't you think you know Coach Sam a little better?



I hope you like this new blog topic format... I'm excited about it...

OK, tomorrow I'll write about my favorite past time... Bar B Que...! -You don't want to miss it!

0 comments: