Thursday, March 31, 2005

Packing Up and Heading Home

We've been traveling a week now but we are trying to wrap things up and head back to Houston, Texas Today. Connor is holding up very well. I do agree with a family friend that Connor is internalizing his pain a lot right now and it may come gushing out later, but for now we're just going to keep a close watch over him and just love him and shower him with prayers and kindness.

Monica and I have both been fighting the flu for the entire week. We're close to exhaustion and are just going to take our time and spread our return journey home over two days with lots of rest breaks. We should get back to Houston sometime Friday afternoon or early evening. We need to have our rental vehicle back by 7 PM so we're shooting for that to be our latest arrival time.

Monica's already over at the house with Connor packing up a few things. I stayed in the room to take care of some business correspondence that has been backing up on me.

We're going to pack up and I'm going to mow Brian's yard before I go. We're hoping to be packed up by 4 PM so Connor can play in a school tennis match on our way out of town. He really loves his tennis and that would mean a lot to him so we're going to make every effort to grant his wish.

I've mentioned this in some of my other blog postings, but I know that each blog I write pretty much has it's own unique audience so I'd like to mention here how grateful I am to friends, family, and colleagues who have called or written in to express their concern, prayers, and well wishes. We are especially grateful to Monica's parents who helped us out financially with the trip. Thanks Arno and Judy...!

We have felt a tremendous outpouring of love throughout this entire week and that's what's kept us going. So on behalf of Connor and Monica I just want to say Thanks...!

We Feel the Love...!

I hope you have an awesome day. I'll try to post a little more this evening when we finally stop for the night. (assuming the hotel we stay at has highspeed internet in the rooms...)

Coach Sam

1 comments:

Jonathan said...

Sam,

I hope both you and your wife recover quickly from the flu. My prayers are surely with Conner.

Take care brother!

Banks