Sunday, March 27, 2005

Update From Tennessee

We've been in Tennessee since Friday at 1 PM. Connor is holding up very well. I'm extremely impressed with this young man. Losing one's Father at the tender age of 12 has got to be extremely difficult. I lost my parents as a full grown man in my mid 30's and that was pretty difficult. While I do know what Connor is going through, I don't think that I would be holding up as well as he is.

In fact, I distinctly remember my grandmother's funeral. I was 11 at the time. I remember just crying and crying uncontrollably. But I wasn't crying for the loss of my grandmother. I was crying for my mom because I was thinking how she must felt to lose her mom and then I was thinking how it would feel to lose my mom. There was no way I was ready to lose my mom at that tender age. I wasn't as close to my dad, but I know that Connor was super close to his dad.

Anyway, I think Connor is a lot tougher than I was at the same age. He's a remarkable young man.

Monica was feeling really sick on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, but today she felt a little better. We went to Easter service at Connor's Church then spent the rest of the day working at Connor's house packing up things to bring back to Texas.

We're getting up early tomorrow morning and going over to pack some more, and then head over to Missouri for the funeral. That's supposed to be a 5 hour drive. The funeral is going to be on Tuesday at 11 AM. We'll drive back to Tennessee on Tuesday afternoon and then Wednesday we're going to visit the administrators at Connor's school in the morning and finish packing and loading a U haul truck and I hope to be on the road early Thursday morning. At least that's the plan as it stands right now. I'm ready to be back in Texas.

I've got ton's of work piling up on me right now, too. I've got a million emails to send, and two different tournaments to work on. Really, I've got enough work to keep me up all night long. Obviously I'm not going to do that, but I do need to do a little bit of work before I go to bed.

So, that's the word from Tennessee. I'll try to check in tomorrow, but I'm not sure if the hotel we're staying at has high-speed internet in the rooms or not. But, if not tomorrow, then Tuesday night, for sure...

Bye for now. Please keep your prayers headed this way...

Coach Sam

0 comments: