Sunday, December 25, 2005

Coach Sam's Christmas Day Blog

I found Hobbes on the couch in fromt of the fireplace this morning playing in some Christmas wrap tissue paper.


I brined the turkey last night and put it in the smoker this morning at 7:30 AM . By 7:40 AM the smoker was 250 degrees. I'm using a combination mesquite and hickory wood. I'll be checking the temperature about every 45 minutes and try to maintain an average of 220 degrees for about six and a half hours. (it's an 8 lb turkey). Once the internal temperature is 185 degrees then our feast is on...!

8:05 AM Christmas Day:
Well, it's Christmas morning.... Monica and the baby are still asleep. Connor is in Missouri visiting family. It's 54 degrees here in West Columbia this morning but it's supposed to warm up to 75 today... There ought to be some great tennis weather this afternoon!

The weather was gorgeous yesterday, too. Although it was a bit windy, I had a tennis clinic in the morning and then Monica and I walked with the baby through the Columbia Lakes property. I strung a few racuets in the afternoon and then we went to our neighbors house next door(The Klements) for a Christmas party. It was very nice... Elijah got lots of attention as he was wearing his Santa Suit. After that we went to church in Lake Jackson, had a bite to eat and came home and went to bed.

This morning I'm going to catch up on all my blogs, cook the turkey and dressing, help Monica around the house look after the baby... Oh yeah, and I need to string a racquet some time this morning.... But I'll be taking photos and posting updates every couple hours throughout the day so please check back again...!

Oh and the time stamp at the bottom of this post is a little off... The 'real' time of this post is in RED next to my sign off signature. The time I started the post is in Bold at the beginning of my posts...

Merry Christmas...! -Coach Sam at 8:18 AM

0 comments: