Saturday, December 03, 2005

Looking Back on December 2004


Here's a funny photo of Hobbes. He climbed up into our chimney on the day we moved in. The photo angle is a little awkward because I'm laying on my back inside the mouth of the chimney looking up at Hobbes. The wood you see is a little end table we put in so he could step down easier. (We thought he was scared to come down...) Anyway, the chimney entrance is blocked by boxes right now so he can't get back up there.

By the way, yesterday I installed a kitty door in the kitchen for he and Gabriel. I'll post photos of that later.

One of the neat things about blogging is that you can go back and see where you were in history. Last night Monica and I were trying to recall the events of Christmas 2004. We did not have a vivid recollection. I think that says alot for our memory! So this morning I went back to my journal archives. It was neat to visit the prayer journal and see what I was praying about and where I was spiritually a year ago.

Then I visited Coach Sam's Life from December 2004. And I remember now the weather was very cold and rainy the week surrounding Christmas. In fact, many areas got snow. I spent a big part of my time blogging, working on my personal websites, and cooking on the grill.

We were anticipating the birth of Baby Elijah and Monica went to get her first ultrasound in December when Elijah was the size of a Gummy Bear! Those are fond memories.

Today I have lessons until Noon then a few hours off before we go to Lake Jackson to check out a new church we're considering to join. Sunday is a field trip to River Oaks Country Club for a Pro Tennis Exhibition...!

That's about it for now... I've got to get to work!

Coach Sam

0 comments: