Monday, February 07, 2005

Cardio Tennis

That's the Big Buzz from the tennis conference. I attended several seminars Saturday and Cardio Tennis was the topic. It's all about getting a better tennis workout in a shorter time frame. It involves some high energy tennis drills set to lively music. It utilizes heart monitors to keep track of the participants heart rate and the goal is to keep the participants within 60 to 80 % of their maximum heart rate for at least 40-45 minutes. I'm going to invest in some heart monitoring equipment and give it a try. I plan to get recertified in CPR and first aid, first. There's even a certification process a person can go through to become a 'certified cardio tennis instructor'...

There's going to be massive amounts of advertising dollars put into the marketing campaign. It all sounds good to me. I could use a good workout, myself...!

So that's all the more reason to lose my weight. Who's going to take a cardio workout from a big fat instructor...? I think it would lend a little bit more credibility to my coaching is I was a bit more skinny... I'm working on it...!

Well, the day is starting off a little soggy. I'll make a decision by 7 AM if I want to drive into West Columbia this morning or not. I'll take a look at the radar and then make my decision. I may commute to Clear Lake first, and make a run to my PO Box to pick up one more entry for the gran prix tournament coming up in a couple of weeks. Some one sent a priority mail delivery that I need to sign for and that's the only thing keeping me from finishing the entries.

The entire week's forecast is wet. Sigh... How's a tennis coach supposed to support his wife and kittens...? Oh well, It'll be ok...

So, I need to get to work on various projects around here... I'd better close for the morning. I may take a break this afternoon and log in again for a mid day update... So until next time... Bye for now.

Coach Sam

0 comments: