Tuesday, February 01, 2005

A Little Quiet Time...

OK.. It's 11:55 AM... I'm sitting at the very comfortable couch at Diedrich's enjoying a hot, rich, delicious, creamy cocoa...!

I'm pretty sure that today is going to be a complete rain out. And if it dries up this afternoon it's still going to be too cold today for lessons. This week is not going to be very friendly financially. I hope to get to teach some lessons tomorrow at Columbia Lakes but I'll be taking off the rest of the week to go to a conference at the Woodlands.

Oh well... I know I'll come back refreshed and revived with lots of new ideas for my lessons programs.

The rest of the day I'm going to work on some projects at the house. I still have a lot of tournament entries to post and numerous other domestic duties to perform. I'm thinking of cooking something on the grill this afternoon, too.

Let's see... What good stuff can I write about...? Monica and I are planning to really fix up the tennis shop at Columbia Lakes. She has some great design ideas that there's no way I could think up. I'm about to plan out the Calendar year for my tennis schedule. That's going to take some concentration.... I'd really love to start hosting more tournament events at Columbia Lakes. And I need to spice up the competitive portion of my Clear Lake and League City programs. This is just my mind wandering... But that's how I come up with some really good ideas.

I think today I'd like to recall some fond High School memories. I went to Bay City High School and had two really excellent music teachers. John Reinke was the band director my four years and Jim Popham was the Jazz Band Instructor for most of my high school career.

Those guys were awesome. Mr Reinke was like a Father. And Mr Popham was just the coolest teacher. They were both very talented musicians in their own right and were very inspiring teachers. I really developed a love for music under their direction. I went on to study music in school and although I didn't pursue music as a full time career I have always continued playing in various ensembles, bands, and orchestras.

I am active at church playing trombone in the worship band and wish I had more time to devote to that ministry. For those of you who are curious, I also play the tuba. That was my primary instrument and my major in college. I don't play tuba any more. I don't even own one. Good tub's are very expensive. I have a couple of old trombones that will do just fine for now.

I would love to learn to play guitar and hope to start guitar lessons one day. That's my artistic side. I actually always felt I was more talented in music than tennis but it's always just been easier to make a living in the tennis industry than the music industry. But I'm glad that I've kept music as a hobby. My future son or daughter is going to be exposed to music at a very early age, that's for sure.

Well... I need to get back to North Houston. Enough if this hanging out at the coffee shop...!

Thanks for checking in. I'm glad I took time to write something other than.: I'm busy, I'm rushing here and there, I'm tired, etc....







Hmmm... thsi blogger software seems to be acting up... I think i'll close here... Talk to you later...

Coach Sam

0 comments: