Thursday, October 13, 2005

40 Years Old Today...!

Here's a great photo of me and Elijah. (I'm the one with the beard...) I posted this photo on Elijah's Blog a few days ago but it is such a good photo I thought I'd post it again for those who don't check out http://elijahchadwell.blogspot.com.

Wow... It's hard to believe I made it 40 years...! I'm about as happy as a guy can be... I've got an awesome life. I have a beautiful wife, a wonderful baby and stepson... I have a great career... God has really blessed me abundantly!

I only wish I was in better physical condition. I'm in the worst shape of my life this year, but hopefully this major life change of moving to West Columbia will be the start of a less stressful, more healthy lifestyle for me. I'll be able to walk to work most days and not have to eat fast food on the road hardly ever again... Yea...!

Forty. This is it. I'm supposed to be over the hill... But I still feel like a have a lot of productive years left in me. I'm excited to be 40... I'm now one of the youngest players in my age group on the senior tennis circuit... As soon as I lose some of this weight I'll be a force to reckon with. Back ten years ago when I was 30 I had a number one ranking in Texas in Men's 30 doubles. But I weighed 50 pounds less than I do now... Sigh...

Oh well... I'm not going to start worrying about that diet until Saturday or Sunday... I plan to teach lessons in Clear Lake today and then meet Monica, Connor, and Elijah for dinner at Kanomwan, my favorite Thai Restaurant. I love that place...! I won't be holding back my appetite this evening.

Well, it's nearly One O'Clock in the morning right now... I'd better make myself get to sleep. I have to get up in a few hours and string a racquet before I head off to teach my classes...

Bye for now.... Coach Sam

0 comments: