Saturday, October 29, 2005

Starting a New Life

OOPS... My apologies... This post should have been posted to my daily devotional prayer journal. Unfortunately the blogger tools do not allow me to cut and paste so I would need to delete this entry completely and type it in again on the other blog in order to move it. I don't have time to move it this morning.

WARNING: The post you are about to read contains life perspectives from a Christian worldview...!


Monica and I are closing on our new home in West Columbia on Monday. We'll be moving there inside of a week. It will be a whole new life for my family. We'll be living in the country. (how I grew up) I'll be within walking distance of work and will shorten my commuting by 14 hours a week...!

We'll be getting involved in a new church. Connor will be going to a new school. It will be a completely new life for us. We'll be settling down to a slower pace.

And I've been dreaming about a situation like this all my life. I've never felt a better fit with a job before and never really clicked and enjoyed the community like I do this one. I really feel like this is where I'll retire. This is definitely where I want to raise my kids. My Life is Good. And it's all from God.

Yes, I give God 100% credit for my successes. I am nothing without my Lord and Savior. He strengthens Me. He Leads Me. My only hindrance is Myself. I don't let God be God enough. But I'm working on that. And Monica's helping me. We're helping each other through prayer, encouragement, and love.

I've missed a few days of journaling because I've been sick. Strept throat has wiped me out for the entire week. I'm really just getting on my feet today.

I missed Thanks and Praise yesterday so I want to take today to just count my blessings and proclaim the Goodness of the Lord...!

Dear Lord,

My King, You have done marvelous, wonderful things in my life. I can't praise You enough. Thank You Father for blessing me above and beyond what I ask for and certainly above and beyond what I deserve.

Lord I know that apart from You I am incapable of anything. But through You I can do all things...! What a Mighty God You Are...!

I love You, Jesus. And I Praise You. And I lift You Up above all else...!

You gave Your life for me long ago and I pledge my life to You today and ever more, My Savior...! Thank You Lord for giving and restoring my Life. Thank You for the new life for my Family. We will make the most of it and live it for Your Glory.

Lord Jesus I pray this in Your holy name, Amen

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Praise Him!

steve said...

Awesome! God is good!

I have one question:

Why the "warning" disclosure?

God bless