Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Christian School Scalps Astros Ticket...!

It's going to be difficult to make a comeback now... Last night's game was a tough pill to swallow, but I think that so far the White sox have played just a little bit better than our beloved 'Stros.

Every game played so far has been win-able but we just haven't been able to get the job done. Still, I am happy and proud of the Astros for doing as well as they have done to get this far. Over all, it has been a great season that has brought great excitement and entertainment to Houston.

My step son's school was given a single Astros ticket to last night's game. They planned to auction it off as fund-raising for the school. Although the ticketed face value was $125, they started the bidding at $1000. I wonder how much that ticket went for and if the winner of the ticket enjoyed the game by themselves and felt they got their money's worth...?

I find it ironic that a Christian School which is supposed to be providing a Godly witness to our children and our community was publicly 'scalping' a ticket to a professional sports event in the name of fund-raising. I mean, would Jesus sell a $125 ticket for $1000...? In my opinion that action was an extremely poor christian witness. What exactly does that teach our children about money, and what is important in life...? Where is this school's priority...? It looks like it's more concerned about green, cold, hard cash than raising up Godly young men and women.

We actually withdrew Connor from that school yesterday and plan to enroll him at West Columbia Junior High as we are moving either over the weekend or early next week.

I'm still under the weather with strept throat. My voice is a little better but I still sound more like the lead singer from Dire Straits than myself...

I don't feel too bad... I've just got an extremely scratchy throat. I may try to teach a few private lessons tonight that are mostly just hitting sessions anyway.

But that's about it. I'll be eagerly watching the astros tonight to see if they can extend it to al least one more game and allow Roger Clemmens to pitch game 5.

Bye for now... Coach Sam

0 comments: