Sunday, October 02, 2005

Back From Newks

I had a long weekend at John Newcombe's Tennis Ranch. I left at 1 PM Friday and returned this evening at 7 PM and was 100% busy the entire time in between. Oh it was fun, but I am pretty worn out now that it's over. For those of you not up to speed on the purpose of my trip, I was coaching a team of 20 junior players at the Texas State Junior Gran Prix Team Tennis Singles Championships. I'm happy to report that my team placed second over-all in their flight that consisted of San Antonio, Dallas, Austin, and Wichita Falls. And we only lost by a margin of 16 games....! It definitely could have gone either way.

The Houston players were great competitors and it was a pleasure to coach them...! And it was noce to go back to Newks for a visit. I used to be employed by Newk's way back in the 1980's... Yes, I worked at Newks back in 87 and 88. I found some old photos of me back when I worked there and I weighed between 140 and 150 lbs. I weigh around 230 lbs now, 20 years later.... My God what will I look like 20 more years from now...? Will I be in the 300's...?

I've actually been a little depressed about my weight lately. But the fact is, I have lost 6 pounds in the past 2 and a half weeks... So hopefully I can keep that trend going. I know now that this state competition is done I can breathe a little easier. Although I do still have some major projects I'm working on, I'm glad to have State behind me.

I'm going to have to close here because the lack of sleep has definitely caught up with me. And I need to get up early in the morning and blog a little before I leave for West Columbia.

More later... Bye for now...

Coach Sam

0 comments: