Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Deadline Day...

Yep, today is the day... It's the deadline for two tournaments I have coming up this weekend and next weekend. Hopefully I'll have many entries in the mail and online today because early registration has not been as big as I had hoped for...

Still, it will all go well... All I can do is do the best that I can... Give it my best effort... And I can honestly say that I have done that...! Six PM is the deadline... I'll bet I have a ton of calls emails and phone calls today pleading for grace and mercy...!

I'm starting my day on court at 10 AM with my Spring Break Camp... That runs until 2 PM then I'll spend the rest of the day working on tournaments and the club singles league I've started.

Yesterday was strange... We had the most bizarre weather pattern I've ever seen. The morning started off warm and muggy, and a little foggy at 8 AM... By 9:30 it was drizzling rain and we had to stop the ladies drill a few minutes early because the courts were too slick.

I had to go in the tennis shop to get some flyers for camp registration and when I went inside I noticed that the shop was a little warm and stuffy so I turned on the air conditioning. When I stepped back outside, (and this entire effort took less than 60 seconds...) A cold north wind was whipping through the tennis center and everyone was shivering at the gazebo... The temperature had dropped about 20-25 degrees...! Then it tried to rain some more... Then by Noon the sun came out and it was calm again and beautiful the rest of the afternoon...

All I can say it was AMAZING....

Tomorrow it will all start getting a bit easier for me... I'll have to get the bulk of my work done today... Tomorrow will be finishing up the draws and following up with people...

That's about it. Thursday and Friday should be the calm before the STORM...!

More later... Coach Sam

0 comments: