Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Brisket Day

I'm cooking a brisket today...! It's been awhile since I made brisket. My last big bar b que adventure was smoked pork ribs for Connor's Birthday... Incidentally, I'm going to publish a bunch of pictures from Connor's Birthday tomorrow... I should have already put them up but just haven't had time to download them from the camera...!


I started out by brining the brisket last night at about 11 PM... I've always had the best success with brining... Then I got up this morning and started the grill at 4:45 AM.... This brisket is going to smoke with hickory chips for about 12 hours at around 200 degrees... It should be ready in time for dinner...!

Today I'm staying at home. That's my new schedule for Wednesdays. I won't be taking the day off, I'll definitely be working from the house. I'm going to catch up on email, phone calls, and all my HPTA work. I want to spend more time at home with the family now that Elijah's here. Although I will lose income from my normal lessons schedule I think that over all, I'll do better because I'll be more organized and less stressed.

I've got to close here because it's almost 6 AM and I want to listen to Dr Charles Stanley's radio broadcast...

More later... SC

0 comments: