Saturday, August 06, 2005

The Weekend...

Wow.. I slept quite a bit last night. I could barely stay awake until the end of the TV show...

I'm not sure how Monica and the baby slept. They are asleep now on the couch in the living room. I guess Monica stayed in there most of the night so I could get some rest. Isn't that a sweet wife...? Oh I could use the sleep... I'm way behind on resting.... But I feel guilty to not get up with her and care for the baby. But I know if we take turns it's better for both of us...

Well, I'm going to try to be the one to wake up through the night tonight. It's Monica's turn to get some rest...!

I actually wish I had awakened earlier because I wanted to do some work first thing this morning and now my timing is off. But that's ok... My body will definitely benefit from the few extra minutes/hours of sleep.

Later this morning I have to go to by Area Racquet Club to help with a tournament for the HPTA. That's right, I'm heading back to BARC. I worked there over a 4th of my life. For the most part it was a less than optimal experience. I've been gone from there fo 3 years now...!

BUT.... If I hadn't stuck it out there for as long as I did I would not have met my sweet wife... And there would be no baby Elijah. So my tenure there was definitely in God's plan!

And I did meet a few nice people there.... So it wasn't really all that bad. It was just a season of my life. And I learned a lot about my self and people while I was there.

So, after BARC I'll be heading back home and preparing for tennis tomorrow at Columbia Lakes. We are wrapping up the team tennis competition there at 2 PM. I'd like to have some details down on paper about the next Team Tennis Program so I'll have to put my thinking and planning cap on.

If there's time this afternoon I need to work in the yard a little. That's' about it... And I'll probably grill something for dinner tonight...! Omaha Steak House has really made life easy for us...! And Monica and I have been greatly blessed in that several of my tennis students and some friends from church are going to bring us some meals this week.


-Isn't God good to work through his people and help us in a time of need...? And this is something that we really haven't prayed for, either. It's just out of the goodness of God's heart...! Yes, God is Good.

My Thumb is starting to swell again. I didn't quite get all the infection out with the last round of antibiotics so I'll need to call the doctor again on Monday to get my prescription refilled.

That's it for now... More later... Coach Sam

0 comments: