Thursday, November 25, 2004

Coach Sam's Blow by Blow Thanksgiving Updates

Hello Everyone... Happy Thanksgiving..! I started my Holiday last night about 8 PM. Since I'm smoking the Turkey on my new smoker I 'brined' the turkey before going to bed.

I awakened at 4:57 AM to take the turkey out of the brine and start the smoker. By 6 AM the bird officially went into the smoker. I'm trying to keep the smoker temperature at about 230 degrees for 6 hours. The 12 pound turkey ought to just about be ready by Noon if all goes well...!

It's 9:11 AM and I'm watching the The Houston Thanksgiving Day Parade. Monica just put the pumkin pies in the oven... Our menu will include delicious smoked turkey, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoe casserole, stuffing dressing, and of course... cranberry sauce...! I'm just spending the next few hours watching the turkey and posting journal updates... Maybe I'll post some photos, too... Bye for now... Coach Sam signing off...

0 comments: