Wednesday, November 17, 2004

I'm a House Boy Today

Today I have experienced another rain out... Tennis Coaches that work outside can't ply their trade if the courts are wet... So I've spent the day inside working on the house. I've been cleaning the floors and since we have nearly 2000 square feet of wood laminate flooring, that's no small job... I'm taking a short break from the floor project for this quick post. Peepers is thinking she needs to lay in my lap every time I sit down at my desk... She's especially cuddly today!

After the floor project I'll probably work in the garage for about an hour or so and then back to work in my office. It's a mess. There's ton's of filing to do... And actually that's why I need to work in the garage because I have some file storage out there, too. Plus... There's just something cool about working in the garage. I guess it's a 'man' thing...

Well, I posted a few more Chadwell Cat photos. Jack loves to lay in the sun...! And Gabriel is up to his usual mischief. He loves to have his picture taken. Jack is fairly neutral on the subject.

Ok, this is getting boring. I'd better get back to work...

Bye for now... Coach Sam

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

Sam,

Yeah, I know about those "Rain Out" days. When tennis was almost a religion for me, I would be out there with my brother in the worst pair of shoes and the oldest ragged balls we had. I made sure to use an old racket as well. When the balls get wet, they tend to get hard and pop strings real quick. This was always a rare occasion, but when we ventured during the rain drops from above, i'd love to try to time the skips of the ball off the glazed court. Another childhood memory.

Anyways, I read that you just laid some flooring. How was it? Ironically again, I have been thinking of doing my living area. I saw some of the work in the pictures. It looks great. Any ideas of the best stuff to get would be great. (some of the lamenant flooring is junk)

Copious Reader,
Banks

Coach Sam said...

Monica, my wife picked out our floor. I was pretty neutral on the subject. But I figured if she liked it, then I'd like it. It's always better if it's the wife's idea... We got a great deal on it and a 20 year guarantee. Here's a link for you. Copy and paste this in your browser:

http://www.lumberliquidators.com/dh_7mm.html

We have the Mt. Vernon Cherry.

Tim said...

How much did you guys end up paying for it? I've been working on a community for laminate flooring for sometime now, and would love to hear about your experiences.