Friday, January 14, 2005

A Few Free Friday Afternoon Moments

Hello... I've got time to spare for a change... And I'm hanging out at Diedrich's in Clear Lake. I've got to go meet my wife in town in a few minutes but just thought I'd catch up a bit here.

Lessons this morning went great...!

Then I went to Bay Oaks Country Club for a meeting with the pros there about our tournament next week. It was nice to visit with them. Then I've been at Diedrich's since then... Just getting caught up on my email. Sigh... It's nice to not have to rush any where for awhile...!

I've got one more lesson this afternoon, then Monica and I are going to a small group bible study with other couples from our church music department.

Tomorrow I've got a full morning of lessons at Columbia Lakes. But Sunday looks pretty free and clear. I've just got church on the menu so far! But next Monday is a huge tennis day at Columbia Lakes. I've got a camp and lots of lessons...!

Not much else to report. Now that I've just about got this tournament behind me I can start planning the other ones... Only seven more tournaments to go with the HPTA and I hope to host some of my own tournaments at Columbia Lakes, too. I need to finish scheduling my year...!

There's still lots of projects at the house I need to do, also. I want to have the bulk of our remodeling done in the next couple of months before my inlaws come to visit during spring break. I should just about have enough time to get everything completed.

Here's something out of the blue... I was having a childhood memory recollection that I want to share... I think my younger brother and I were about 7 and 9 years old respectively. We were in church with dad and there was only one prayer book in the church pew. We each grabbed an end and were trying to take total possession of the book. We tugged back and forth, back and forth, and then suddenly we accidentally ripped it completely in half. What was so bad was that it made an awful loud ripping sound in the otherwise quiet church, and attracted lots of attention. My brother John and I were both very surprised, then when we saw the look on our Dad's face we got scared and we both hid under the church pew. Meanwhile, people around us were laughing and really enjoying the spectacle. I can't remember exactly what happened to us when we got home that day, but I'm sure we had trouble sitting down for a few hours after dad got finished with us...

Anyway, that's my humorous story for the day. It's a true story, I promise...!

Well I hope that made you smile. I still remember the look on my little brother's face when that prayer book ripped... Oh, it was hilarious...!

Bye for now... More tomorrow...

Coach Sam

0 comments: